Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spell this and Wow...

Today is May 31st. Holy Crap-oly! Summer is here. Can you believe that? I cant. It was just yesterday that I remember not doing anything on New Years, but enjoying my time with the family. Got another job in March and Now it is June. Time flies or drags when you are working. No plans for the summer for me, just hang out and work. Sept my cousin is getting married so all of my family are coming down from the east coast and staying with us. Its going to be hectic but fun. So let the good times roll.

I guess yesterday was the start of the National Spelling Bee Championships. And tonight is the end or the finals. I may have to go and watch it. I for one was not a good speller in grade school. I remember the last month or so before summer, our whole class would stand up, and form a circle around the room. The teacher would start with whoever was to her left and ask us to spell a word. If you got it right you remained standing. If you go it wrong you sat down. The prize for winning was candy or something like that. It was fun yet nerve wracking at the same time. In our spelling books, there were three sections with words that varied difficulty. So you never knew which word you would be getting. I think I lasted a few rounds. I never did get the candy though. It was times like those that helped break up the routine of going to school. It actually made school fun. The good old days of grade school. Where your only worries were studying for spelling tests, learning your math, and reading several books during the summer. Those were the good times.

No comments: