Thursday, May 24, 2007

Technology

Hmmm, I remember back in the day when I was in high school. I would have to write up reports and papers using nothing more than the encyclopedia. we didn't have the Internet back then, or we did but it wasn't really popular. If i try and remember, my dad had a program called Prodigy that took him to the Internet or some thing like that. The Internet wasn't popular at the time, or it was but I didn't care about it. In high school, the closest we came to a computer was learning to type on the computer. That was 9th grade for me. We had some type of media class in the computer room. All I remember was creating a Pac-man like flip book using PowerPoint. that was cool. I had each slide with the same background, but the key characters i.e. pacman, the ghosts, and the pellets, each moved with the slides. It was cool. I got a good grade on that project. Then college started. That is where I first really interacted with the Internet and the computer for the most part. Back then the computer was used to type out reports and papers. But at college (mainly in my 2nd year), with the computer plugged into the Internet, it was more about chat rooms, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, and of course pron. But for the most part it was me chatting away in different chat room and instant messengers. the whole experience was fun. I would enjoy chatting with friends that I have made all over the U.S and parts of Canada also. As far as I can remember college was for parties, good friends, becoming independent and the Internet. After college, it was more about what to do with my life, finding a job and getting out of debt.
Tune in to the next part of my "Beginings of My Technology"

No comments: