Thursday, May 24, 2007

Heavy lifting.....

It has been a while maybe since Ive written here. So lets just talk about stuff thats been happening with me.....wait a min....oh yah, nothing!! haha I Have no life!! YAY! so here are the things that I have been trying to do to be all that I can be! haha

I dont know if many of you know this but I have this thing called gout. it scary I know but bare with me. it basically is a large quantity of uric acid build up in your body. Normal being at about 6, and mine was at 10 or some crap. So any, what this build up does, is create these crystals in your joints, starting with your big toe and can move all over the place. So, after I left my former job, and while doing nothing but chilling and watching tv and look for work, it hit me hard. It started with my knee, then my foot. I was put on crutches for a while. Then it hit my wrist and shoulder. This went on for about 2 months straight. From the middle of Dec to about Feb when my doc appointment finally came up. Thank goodness for doctors. he gave me meds and I was back to normal sort of. Any way, the pain of this arthritis is so unbearable that all I wanted to do was die. It was crazy. I think those 2 months affected my mind. I dont think I am the same person. But i think that is a good thing.

So that brings me to my point, which is that after all this, I have and I am dedicating my life to a somewhat healthier lifestyle!! YAY!! so for the past few weeks, Ive been on the ellipitcal machine building up my stamina. I remember when I could go on for about a min and be like "Ok im done" Know i can go on for a while, maybe 20mins..which is ok. Then yesterday I started this circuit training where I lift weights for my back, then chest, then shoulders, then hop on the elliptical machine for about 1-2mins, rest for about 30sec or so, then repeat this cycle for 3 sets. Once I get used to it, i'll go for more sets and vary the lifting techniques. So that is my routine for now.

Also with gout, it comes from eating a lot of foods which I like to eat. I have to avoid red meat and shellfish and all this other stuff. So, since Dec, I have had red meat about 4 times or so. That means no more steaks or burgers or anything like that. Which is ok. It was hard at first, but Im used to it. I dont need it or crave it so thats good. Thank goodness though that I am allowed to have sushi, just none that has shell. So its all good. I vowed to myself that I will not feel the way I did back in Dec. That was the worse feeling ever. Plus you feel so helpless and needy and there was nothing anyone could do about it. It was one of those life changing experiences. I will never forget it.

This has taught me to be more aware of what is going on with my body and to be healthy and to live as long as I can. I couldnt have done it without the help of my family and friends. So thanks!!

No comments: