Friday, June 1, 2007

Happy June 1st!!



Well another week has come to a close. This week however, was a wonderful four day week, since Monday was memorial day. So yay for the holiday. It always seems that the week goes so very slow, especially on a four day week. Why is that? I would like to know, but not so much that I'd investigate what makes it so.

I called my doctor's office today since I have an appointment on Monday. I asked them if they accepted HMO since this is what the office offers. Unfortunately they only accept PPO's so I had to cancel the appointment. What a shame too because I really liked that doctor. And the nurses were hella hot!! damn!! So I am off to find another doctor. I might just go back to the doctor I had before since they accept HMO. Stupid HMOs!! blah.

Last night was the premiere of Pirate something or some crap like that. It is a survivor like show, where the contestants do pirate stuff and look for buried treasure. It look pretty good. Kind of cheesy but I wouldn't mind watching it again. They already voted or "cut off" one of the people. So, in this episode, the contestants are split up into two teams, a red and black team. Both teams received a map and a compass. Then they both paddled off to a near by island in search of their first treasure. The black team won and returned to the ship. The host told the black team the worth of the gold coins. It was based on size. The amounts were $100, $50, and $25. In total they received $40,000. The team was asked to nominate a Captain. They nominated the captain and he received half of the $40k. Then he nominated two co-captains or something like that. They split whatever was left. Any way, at the end, the Captain had to nominate 3 people to be voted off the ship. The twist here is the crew can vote off one of the three people, or they can gang up and vote the captain off. Sorry for not using the proper terms, they have escaped me at the moment. But the crew went ahead and voted off one of the guys, who was kind of cocky any way so I guess that was a good thing. So it was a good premiere IMO.
Also last night was the National spelling bee contest. Some 8th grader won. It was pretty amazing, especially how the try and decipher how the words are spelled from its origin, or the definition. So Congrats to that kid.

No comments: