Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stuff....

WARNING: This may or may not be a long post or may or may not make sense. So bare with me. This is my stream of consciousness.

This week has some what gone fast. I used to dread going into work because there wouldn't be a whole lot for me to do. But this week somehow, was better. I've been emailing that girl I told you about last Friday. We have been talking mostly everyday this week, except for last night because I fell asleep. Wait, I talked to her for about 3 mins last night. But when she called back I was dead asleep. I woke up at 3am and found my lights and tv still on. Haha. If I was a smoker I would have probably fallen asleep with a lit cigarette and burned the whole house down!! blah. Speaking of smoking, I found this thing this morning on my gadget site that I always look at. It is a all in one, lighter / pipe for smoking the herbs..haha Its pretty cool, the lighter pop up, light the bowl and the other end is the pipe. Very ingenious.

Ok, so back to work. They let me update the careers page of our company's website. Actually it was 2 pages that I edited. Nothing much, just some text changes and deletions. But I was happy to go about and do this. It broke up the routine of me not doing any work and actually allowed me to work. I am happy that I finished this in a reasonable amount of time. Now I get to blog about what I did.

On the way to work this week, there is this one spot on the street where I always pass and the people who are driving there always seem to go in slow motion. It was weird. It is a 3 lane street and I am in the lane on the far right side. The cars in the middle and left lanes are the ones that go in slow mo. I don't know why. At that very spot everyone drives slow and it backs up for about a block. And this week was/is all about drivers changing / pulling in my lane and driving slow. Come On. If you are going to cut me off or come into my lane as you see me coming at you like a rocket, the common thing to do is flipping drive faster. But no. That isn't the case. OH well. I am glad that I got new brakes and my oil changed yesterday. Now I won't have to worry about not being able to stop!! haha.

I have noticed that since I have been talking to this girl, I am happier, ( I typed...more happy..haha) and I find myself laughing more than I used to. For instance, today on the way to work, I brought my big ipod, the one that has all my music, and I was jamming to all sorts of stuff. From Queen, to Frankie J, to The stylistics. I had my window open and just singing and drinking my coffee. I guess sometimes we all need a little variety in our lives. Thanks goodness for the big ipod. Also, I found myself jamming down the road, both hands cupping my coffee, going 50 in a 45, singing and watching the world pass around me. It was a good feeling. I had to slow down because I was arriving at the job site earlier than expected. Once I got to the parking lot, I finished my coffee and the song I was listening too and merrily went up to work. Strange how the little things makes us happy. Well makes me happy. Right at this very moment in my head, that damn chevrolet song is in my head, "buy you a chevrolet, buy me a chevrolet." I am just giddy. It may be the coffee or the fact that it is so close to Friday!

Ok, Speaking of Friday, that is when the new iphone comes out. I was thinking of getting it. but why? All or most of the people I talk with are on Verizon and the offerings of the iPhone do not really justify me spending $600 on a phone + a 2 year contract + $175 for an early termination fee from The Network. If the iPhone came to Verizon, I would be on that like white on rice. I just want to see how much mayhem this Friday at 6pm will bring. Get your riot gear on. It may be a war to get the iPhone.

Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now. I may have emptied my mind of all these random thoughts. BTW, how do you like the cat picture on the right? haha Its cool eh? A cat playing 360 and losing my man!! I hate when that Happens!!! haha

No comments: