Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Friday!!

Happy Friday to all those out there who are stuck at work. I feel your pain! Naked Thursday was ok. The boss left for the afternoon, so you know what they say, "when the cat is out the mice play." Well we really didn't play, but we didnt do a lot of work. After work I got my hair cut and had some dinner with my dad. After settling some bills! (BOOO!!!) I watched the last half of the CAVS / SPURS Game on the TV. Too bad the Spurs won and they are the new NBA Champions. Oh well, there is always next year. After the game I went and did my circuit weight lifting training. That was fun. After a movie and shower it was off to bed.

Today was not that different. Im at work right now just chilliln. Ok well I just came back from lunch. We went to a Sushi place right near work. It was good.

I had the bento box : Not all that stuff, just Pork cutlet (breaded strips of pork), tempura, rice and 4 California Rolls. I also got 2 spicy tuna hand rolls but that pic doesn't do it justice. This was the spiciest thing I have ever eaten. I took one bite and I literally started to sweat. Of course I had to finish it, so after I ate it my head was one big sweat ball. It was crazy. I had to take the other one home or in a box. One day I will list the sushi places in So. Cal where I have eaten and rank them by how good the sushi was for me.

One thing to note when going out for Sushi. Never go out and have sushi on a Monday. If you notice that the hole in the wall sushi places are not open on Mondays. From what I have heard, Monday is when the sushi places get their shipment of fresh fish. So Monday will be the 7 day old fish and rice while Tuesdays are the freshest sushi has ever been. This is from experience. I actually went to a Sushi place open on Monday and the there was a distinct taste to the fish and the hardness of the rice. So be forewarned!!


For those of you who are turned off on sushi, let me tell you I was also. But then I tried a California Roll. From then on I was hooked. Well let me clarify. Sushi is defined as this. Mainly though, when I think about sushi for the first time I thought of it as fish that was uncooked. I still can not eat that. I just do not like the consistency of the fish. However, I can eat other types of rolls that they have. I have tried a teriyaki Chicken roll. That was good. My favorite is the soft shell crab roll or the spider roll. I would eat the middle and save the ends, the ones with the legs, for last. That would be my Eleanore. For those of you who do not know what I mean, you might have to watch "Gone in 60 Seconds"

Now, I am here in the office, just messing around. Can't wait to start my Friday!! WOHOO!!

No comments: