Tuesday, June 26, 2007

WWE and Relationships

So this morning my friend IM's me asking if I heard about Chris Benoit. I said No. He sent me the link to yahoo sports and also told me that he passed away over the weekend/Monday. I read the post on yahoo. I guess they said it was a murder-suicide. He killed his wife and seven year old son then killed himself. For those of you who do not know, Benoit was a professional wrestler for the WWE and the other wrestling franchises. It is pretty surreal to see people you grew up watching passing away. I grew up watching him wrestle and a few other wrestlers that a since passed away. I, not looked up to them, but admired them for what they did. They put their bodies on the line just to entertain the fans. You can say wrestling is fake, well hell, it is fake, but there are moves that go on that you really can not fake. Like going through a table or jumping off a 10ft ladder and landing on something/someone. Or getting hit with a steel chair hard enough that the people in the first few rows hears the impact. Its fake but damn, its gotta hurt! I do not condone what ever happened to Benoit and his family but it just goes to show that these are real people too. Things that happen to real people also happen to them regardless of how unfortunate the circumstances are. I know I felt this way when I heard that two body building stars were arrested for murder a year or so back. I also grew up reading about them and how they sculpted their bodies to become one of the elite body builders of the sport. But again, they are just human and also have to deal with everyday events and good / bad choices.

Last night I spent another few hours talking to this girl. She is really cool. I really enjoy talking to her. I think she laughs at things more than I do. She also makes those same comments I do, where we just add crazy situations to events that would probably not happen but would be funny. Lets see, for instance we were talking about how I had to over come some obstacles to get to know her, like her father or her older brother or her friends. So we were talking about making a t-shirt that said, "Climbing Mt. Everest with my bare feet." Sure it may not sound funny but it is one of those, "you had to be there" moments. We are very similar I have found out. Things that she does or wants to do, I find myself doing it or wanting to do it. Its very very crazy. I think I am falling for her, but again like I said, I have to take it slow. It is in my nature to fall fast for girls so I want to take it slow to make things go right. She is definitely worth getting to know. I just don't want to say anything to crazy to make her think I am crazy and drive her away. So we shall see what happens! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck !

Looks like someone will have a summer of love... ;)