Monday, June 25, 2007

What a Weekend

For those of you who read this blog, I would like to say, sorry for the horizontal looking photos. Those were sent from my phone and I really didnt/dont know how to flip them around. So just deal with em!! haha

My weekend was pretty cool. Friday after work I went out with my family for my Parents' anniversary at the Universal Hilton. I guess there is this all you can eat buffet with lobster, steak, shark fin soup, sushi, and all this other stuff. It is a high class buffet compared to the ones at Hometown buffet or the ones in Las Vegas. After that we went to my sister's house and my dad played the Wii with my nephews. I slept over there because on Sat we were going to Knotts Berry farm.

Sat: Knotts Berry Farm. For those of you that don't know, Knotts is an amusement park in Ca. It has roller coaster rides and some small rides for the kiddies. Usually all amusement parks have themes for the kids. This park's theme was Snoopy and the Peanuts gang. You know, Charlie Brown, Peppermint Patty, Lucy, Snoopy and Woodstock. The reason we went was because my sister's work had a company appreciation day there with all you can eat chicken and what not. Knotts is famous for their fried chicken and homemade Jam. So we were there from opening until closing. Lots of walking and eating and having fun. We played games. The dog from 3 pics down is what I won at this one game. This game had playing cards laid out on this table. the object of the game was to throw your poker chips on the cards to make poker hands. You get 5 chips. I only got a pair of 7's so that was my prize. It was ok. After the park we went and slept over my brother in law's parents house, since my other nephew was having a movie party in that city.

Sun: After waking up, my back started to hurt. It has been hurting for a while now, only on the left side of my lower back. Then Sat, while playing with my nephews, I lifted one of them up and hurt the other side of my back. And I guess going on a Wooden roller coaster that is bone jarring as it is, didn't help the situation. So after we got ready, we went to the movies. We watched The Fantastic Four: The rise of the Silver Surfer! I liked it. It kind of explained in limited detail how the silver surfer came to be known. After that, I stayed behind and my friend picked me up. That night we were going to go to a concert. We had lunch at L & L which is a nice Hawaiian fast food place. It was good. I haven't had that since I moved out of the apt!! So we arrive at the Hollywood Bowl later that day. Hollywood Bowl is this open concert stadium where people bring picnic stuff and just hang out. It was my first time there and I wouldn't mind going back. Before the concert, we had a picnic with about 40 people who were sitting with us. It was a good time since most of the people who went were old high school buddies. It was fun. Inside the venue, like I said before, people can bring picnic stuff and alcohol. Everyone was just chilling eating drinking and enjoying some great music.

In the row in front of us, there was this one group of people, with a girl and her date sitting in the middle of this long bench. Then this other group of people come and sit at the other side of the bench. As the music was playing, some real old slow song, the guy who was on a date, starting rubbing up on the girl that just came in. They were grinding and she was lifting up her skirt and stuff. It was crazy. If I get pics I'll post them..maybe.haha Any way, so it was a good time had by all. I got a ride to the venue with one friend but going home, I had to go get a ride with someone else. But to get to the car, we had to walk about a mile or so to get to the condo. This walk took us through the freeway where we had to walk on the side of the road with no sidewalk. I was just thinking to myself, please no car hit me!! haha Of course we got there safely and I caught a ride with a high school friend who lives 5 mins from my sister's house. That is where I left my car on Friday, the beginning of this long ass weekend. Once I got home, I took a shower and crashed on my bed. I was so tired I actually slept right up till my alarm went off. Even then I had to hit the snooze button a couple of times. And now I sit here, Monday morning just staring blankly at this screen!! haha I can't wait to go HOME!!!

No comments: