Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My Habit

I have a bad habit and I hope that one day I will kick this habit. What is it? It is an addiction to cell phones. For me, I want the latest and greatest phones. New technology is the way to go. I have used all of the major carriers here in the U.S. and I have yet to settle down with one particular phone. Have you ever had that gnawing feeling where you have everything but it still isn't enough? That is how I am with cell phones. And this addiction has gotten me into some bad financial issues.

Like I said before, I need to have the latest and greatest technology. Before anyone else. Well I had to have the Motorola Razr when it was first introduced. When I say introduced, I dont mean in the US, but introduced overseas. I think I paid about $700 for an unlocked version of this phone. I had this phone for about a month or so, before I saw rumors that the Razr was coming to Cingular. Once a phone reaches stateside, it will be old tech. So onto new and better phones.

I started this obsession in the late 2001 and I havent stopped. Ive been a majority of all the headset makers, LG, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia, Palm, Rim, Samsung, Pantech, and HP. Yet nothing has really quenched my appitie so to speak. I recently purchased a Blackberry 8830 from Verizon. So far this phone has done what I wanted it to. But as the end of the month comes up the new iPhone will be released. I have told myself of all the flaws with this phone, but the hype and the pros are starting to outweigh the cons. In only a matter of a few weeks the iPhone will be available for purchase. Now, I ask myself, should I switch to ATT and grab the phone that everyone else is waiting to get or stop with my current phone? I do not know. I guess, as the cliche goes, Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't laught at me. Please.

I had a cell phone once back when I was still in high school. It was yellow and the size of a talkie walkie. My aunt, who was already addicted, got a newer model and gave me the old one.

I kept it for about 6 months. Than threw it away.

I hate cell phones. It's expensive, useless and ennoying. And I'm only 24 yrs old ! Gosh I feel old !

However, I can understand your addiction. I love tech as well - just not cell phones ;)

kitten101 said...

I guess it all depends on whether you can really afford to get a new phone or not-and also do you want to waste money on a fone that you are not even 100% sure you want and that you know you will be bored of before you know it! In my opinion you would do better to save the money and spend it on something else that you can appreciate!

as a side-even if I did know loads of single girls they wouldnt be much use to you seeing as I live in England!!! lolz

ohradiogirl said...

think of the environmental impact and just say no!