Thursday, July 19, 2007

What a Week and its not Friday yet!!

So where do I begin. It is not even Friday and this week has been hella hectic. Monday was ok, just your average typical day. Tues was going well also. Thought, "Yup just another day here at work." Boy was I in for a surprise. That afternoon, the boss comes into my office. Asks if we could talk. I said sure, so he goes and closes the door. I am thinking..wtf is going on. So he sits down and tells me why he opened this position in the first place. He said that he calculated a lot of administrative / project tasks that were going to be piling up at the office. So he hires me to take care of these items. However, the tasks / items never come and I usually just sit at my desk, field 1 phone call a day and reply to some emails that come my way. Other than that, I was just sitting on my butt doing nothing. The boss realizes this said that the he has realized that his estimation of the work flow was miscalculated and that in essence he was paying me to do nothing. In that sense he was correct. So he kindly let me know that he would be releasing me from my position. There has not been a set date yet, but I am assuming the date will come sooner than later. He let me know that I was free to use the computer to send out resumes and look for jobs. So that is what I have been doing this week.

Wed after applying to several jobs online, I decided that I really needed a break from this madness that was going on in my head. So I asked the boss if I could go visit my recruiter and take a half day. He said yes, so I drove down to Irvine. There I met up with marc and flo and had some jamba juice with them. I kicked it with them for a little bit, but my main purpose for my trip was to visit the girl I am talking to. So I know the address of her work, mapquested it from Marc's computer and began my journey. Well, the map was wrong, I got lost, and frustrated and finally found my bearings after a few mins. Well I got there in time before she left for home. I went to one window and asked for the Student accounts area. The lady pointed me in the direction but before I left to go see her, who should pop out of some office and call my name? No other than the girl I was talking to. She asked me what I was doing here. Told her I was here to surprise her..but I guess that didn't work since she saw me! haha. Next time I'll know where to go!! From there, I met one of her best friends, then she showed me around her work area where I was met by a majority of her friends. COOL!! Surprise her and meet almost all of her friends. Killed 5 birds with one Visit!! YAY!! She walked me around her campus and showed me her life inside of work.

Once she got out of work, we drove our cars to her place to drop off her car and we just cruised down her area. We were supposed to meet up with Marc and Flo after he got off of work so we had some time to chill. She directed me to a nice park that had a pond and ducks swimming about. We found a graffiti ed rock and I sat down followed by her. We just stayed there, talking, holding her with my arms. I treasured that moment. Then we had to stand up, mainly myself because that rock made my butt numb!! haha So as we were standing together my arms wrapped around her body, I whispered in her ear, will you be my girl friend. She thought for a few seconds and said Ok. So I hope she meant yes!! haha So ya, It is official we are now a couple! YAY!! After some quick kisses and hugs, we went back to the car and headed to the restaurant to meet up with Flo and Marc. When we got there they hit it off really well. We were talking and laughing. I believe it was good times for all. After dinner we parted ways and my girl and I just parked our car and talked for a while. Man I love being with her. She makes me happy. After I drove her to her car, I followed her home and watched her go into the house. From there, I drove home. I felt ok on the way home, but I guess I was kind of tired so I found myself kind of dozing off while on the freeway. Thank goodness I got home safely. Next time, I will be drinking an energy drink.

On the way home, my friend called me. She told me her dad had passed away. I hope I was there for her when she needed me. I knew her father. He was a good man with a good heart. He will be missed greatly.

So that is what has happened this week all before Friday. Today, I spent the day sending out emails with my resumes to potential employers. So hopefully they will call back. Actually one person has called back but we are playing phone tag. She said she has a position in Purchasing and Product Management. So thats good. Hopefully we can hook up today. As for lunch, we are waiting to go out. We just need the prospective developer to leave...and there she goes!! hehe Going to lunch!!

Ok well I am back from lunch. Looks like D, thats my girl!!, took the rest of the day off to study. Good luck hun!!



As for me, I guess I better start looking for some more jobs. Man I need to get a new job. I guess my end of days is coming sooner than expected.

No comments: