Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another day......

So today is Tues and it is just another day. haha. The weekend well that was kind of crazy. The viewing for my uncle was Friday and we got to see a lot of relatives we usually dont get to see. Sat was the funeral. I was one of his pall bearers and I also read one of the readings. From what I saw, there wasn't a lot of crying. The Priest actually gave a good sermon. He asked us what road we were on and where we are going in this life. Do we take the time out to be negative and yell at our neighbors or do we take the higher road and walk alongside our enemies? It was really good. The priest was a good friend of my uncle's so after we processed out of the chapel, he gave my uncle a final blessing and a good bye. This is where the priest became teary eyed and was unable to speak. He was giving the crucifix that was on the coffin to my aunt and he started to cry. Thus in turn made those around him start to cry. I couldn't bare to see this so I put my head down. All you could hear was the sniffling of those crying. Don't get me wrong, I am not being insensitive. I did get teary eyed. I just had to be strong for all those around me. After the funeral, there was a reception at a Chinese buffet. We attended that and ate and laughed and chilled with our relatives. Sunday we had another get together. This time at my sister's house. Again those relatives we saw this weekend showed up that day. We had more food, we played mah joung and Poker. Something my uncle would love to do. My uncle was dealing with Parkinsons Disease but that never stopped him from going about his day. There was this one time where we all played poker and he joined us. With the disease he usually shakes but this day while playing, he was fine. Those were the good old days.

My relationship with the girl I am seeing is getting better, not that it was bad..so wrong choice of words. It is progressing nicely..She is so caring and loving and wants to spend time with me..haha Who would have guessed I would find a girl that would want to spend time with me! But its all good because I want to spend time with her. She is everything. Everything that you could ever want in a girl. So yah, we are going to go Kick it this Sat. Going to have lunch with her friend, (meeting 1 of her friends scarry) but we are going to dinner for Marc and Flo's bday so she may be scared too. But I'll protect her!! and make her feel like she is one of the friends..since she will be!! haha

No comments: