Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday

Well the big day for me is tomorrow, meeting the girl that I have been talking to for a while now. I am not nervous, I just hope that I can bring the good stuff.hah whatever that means. We have been talking for about 2-3 weeks now, and in that time we have learned a lot about each other. I feel that with all this talking it makes us comfortable when we meet. So when we meet it will just be a formality. I can now have a real face to go with that beautiful voice of hers.

Today is not all about getting things ready for the big date..haha. It has been somewhat over shadowed by the fact that I found out my god father passed away. I am not sure when, but I got a call from my sister this morning tell me that he passed away. It is kind of odd, since I saw him this Sat at my aunt's house. I shook his hand and told him how good he looked. He had Parkinson's disease but on Sat he was shaking like he normally was. Hence the, "you look good" statement. I can always remember the time when our birthdays would come up. Uncle Terry, my godfather/uncle, my cousin Chris and I had birthdays close together in Jan. So the whole family would come over to our house and we would have 3 separate cakes for each of us. Those were back in the days when I was younger. Now we are so dang busy that it is hard for us to see each other anymore. Last Sat was the first time I had seen him since Christmas. And my cousin Chris, who is out in the gulf somewhere, i havent seen him since 2 summers ago. It is hard for me to believe that he has passed away. Is that a bad thing? If i sit back and reminisce about our lives it is only when I was a younger boy that I remember seeing all my family together. They had this dog named baby, and every summer, baby, the dog, would have a birthday party and invite all the family and our dogs. It was a dog party!! haha they had steak and cake. It was fun times. When I was over at school, they lived about 15 to 20 mins away and they asked me to visit or stop by. You, I never did stop by. I wish I had. So today I will be silent and mourn and try and find other memories of my uncle. RIP Uncle Terry!!!

No comments: